Friday, November 03, 2006

Colchester Zoo

Two days ago we went to Colchester Zoo, because of our Behaviour (Ethology) class.
We had a very good guide that told us a lot about the animals and the enrichment of their enclosures. Because of all the talking I didn't really have time to take a lot of pictures, but when we got to the Canadian Timber Wolves, I kind of went crazy. I always do when I see wolves, so I grabbed my camera and shot as many pictures as I could. Unfortunately the windows of the enclosure where old and dirty, so I had to enhance all the decent pics in photoshop.
There was one alpha pair and 3 pups of this year, they had just been fed so they were all excited.

SW







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you, getting to see wolves in the flesh again :) As you say, the black one in particular is sweet. The one to his left looks a lot like a slightly younger, skinny Apollo.